Senior DevOps Engineer (f/m/x)
We are searching for a communicative, experienced and proactive Senior DevOps Engineer to join our fast-growing and diverse team of Engineers.
By joining us, you will be combining your passion for technology and have a direct impact on the lives of millions of travellers, while also helping travel audience in becoming the global leader in data-driven advertising for the entire travel industry.
What you will do:
- Drive the company-wide adoption of the cloud platform products and work closely on its implementation with the delivery teams;
- Provide guidance on performance optimisation, help with the analysis and engage as the subject matter expert;
- Participate in the analysis of new requirements and develop solutions and services to support the development teams.
- Help to shape and execute the technical roadmap and strategy for the next generation of application features and cloud infrastructure in Google Cloud.
- Develop systems automation and provisioning frameworks for multiple applications and environments.
- Mentor, support and coach regarding tools, concepts and best practices.
Why join us?
As part of our team, you will work in a highly motivated environment with flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes. You’ll have a lot of freedom to contribute your own ideas, implement them and work with a modern tech stack. We offer you:
- The opportunity to lead and develop a team while truly having an impact on the business;
- A fast-paced industry where you handle new problems every day;
- An environment where you are encouraged to research, explore and try new ways of doing things;
- The opportunity to work with large amounts of data;
- An open and dynamic start-up culture that supports great work-life balance.
You are who we are looking for if:
- You are familiar with distributed systems, their complexity and benefits, and also the trade-offs involved;
- You like to code and automate as much as possible in an environment with Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm Charts and Golang applications;
- You understand different database technologies and messaging queue patterns and you know your way around BigQuery, Postgres, Redis, Aerospike, Kafka, Google pub/sub;
- You like to monitor everything and Prometheus and Grafana are your best palls. If you have used them in Federated setups, please let us know;
- You have worked in a production Kubernetes environment and you understand the concepts around overlay networks and Kubernetes Operators. Multi-region setup is our next big challenge!
- You are in the frontline of technology innovation and you love to transfer your knowledge, experience and best practices to other Engineers;
- You have experience or interest in working with Google data solutions like Dataflow, Airflow or Apache Beam.
We are eagerly awaiting your application and looking forward to starting our journey together!