(Senior) Data Engineer (f/m/x)
As a part of Amadeus, travel audience unit is the world's leading data-driven travel advertising platform. Travel audience harnesses the power of home-grown tech, combined with cutting-edge machine learning practices to connect the leading performance-oriented travel brands with the biggest network of publishers, reaching Billions of travellers globally.
Our aim is to optimize advertising across the entire traveller journey, identify and create new audiences, and increase our partners reach, relevance and booking volumes.
We are searching for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Platform team. You will be building a platform that models the universe of a traveler and provides seamless integrations with our partners. You will be developing the infrastructure to monitor the quality and availability of our data sources, track data-lineage, and provide consistent data. You will adapt and employ state-of-the-art technologies.
What you'll do:
- You'll be working on the core part of the travel audience data platform, modelling the universe of a traveller and providing seamless integrations with our partners;
- You’ll be dealing with data volumes up to 100k events/second, which should be processed in near real-time;
- You'll be part of a team responsible for the design, development and maintenance of our data processing pipelines;
- You'll help the Data Scientists and Data Analysts, providing them with access to the data and support them in analysing, training and deploying machine-learning models;
- You'll own the full development and operations cycle of a product.
Why join us?
As part of our team, you will work in a highly motivated environment, with equal opportunities, flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes. You’ll have a lot of freedom to contribute your own ideas and implement them.
- The opportunity to drive business growth and truly having an impact on the business;
- A fast-paced industry which is evolving every day;
- An environment where you are encouraged to research, explore and try new ways of doing things;
- We encourage you to learn, acquire new skill, and support your personal growth in the company;
- We have an open and dynamic culture that supports great work-life balance while being backed by Amadeus, the biggest travel tech company in the world.
- You love Scala or are willing to learn it;
- You have practical experience with one or more distributed data processing frameworks such as Spark, Beam, Flink or similar;
- You care deeply about software best practices and are dedicated to ensuring quality via testing, benchmarking and peer reviews;
- You have experience of using a pub/sub or message queue technology such as Kafka;
- You understand the theory behind different database technologies and data storage practices enough to make informed choices and match appropriate technologies to a given use-case;
- You dedicate yourself to continue learning and improving and you enjoy helping others grow around you;
- You're eager to understand the business logic of the company and the meaning of the data we work with;
- You feel at home collaborating in a workplace which is international, diverse, evolving, and continually innovating.
We are awaiting your application and looking forward to starting our journey together!