Senior Data Engineer (f/m/x)
Join our Data Team as Senior Data Engineer!
What you will do:
- You'll be part of a team responsible for the design, development and maintenance of our data processing streaming pipelines in Google Cloud Dataflow developed using Spark;
- You'll work closely with the Data Scientists and Data Analysts, providing them with access to the data and support they need to analyse, train and deploy machine-learning models;
- You'll own the full development and operations cycle of a product, whilst helping to ensure our systems are running correctly and efficiently;
- You'll use industry-proven tools such as git, and practices such as CI/CD in an agile setup;
- You'll be joining a cross-functional team. Aside from data engineers, our teams have Go Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Analysts, DevOps Engineers, and Frontend Engineers.
Why join us?
As part of our team, you will work in a highly motivated environment, with equal opportunities, flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes. You’ll have a lot of freedom to contribute your own ideas and implement them.
- The opportunity to drive business growth and truly having an impact on the business;
- A fast-paced industry where you handle new problems every day;
- An environment where you are encouraged to research, explore and try new ways of doing things;
- An open and dynamic culture that supports great work-life balance, while being part of Amadeus, the biggest travel tech company in the world.
You are who we are looking for
- You love Scala – either as Scala developer or a Python/Java developer willing to self-learn a new language;
- You have practical experience with one or more distributed data processing frameworks such as Spark, Apache Beam, Google Cloud Dataflow, Flink, Storm or similar;
- You care deeply about software best practices and are dedicated to ensuring quality via testing, benchmarking and peer review;
- You have experience of using a pub/sub or message queue technology such as Kafka;
- You understand the theory behind different database technologies and data storage practices enough to make informed choices and match appropriate technologies to a given use-case;
- You dedicate yourself to continue learning and improving and you enjoy helping others grow around you;
- You’re eager to understand the business logic of the company and the meaning of the data they work with;
- You can speak, write and express yourself in English – our company’s working language – in a professional context;
- You feel at home collaborating in a workplace which is international, diverse, evolving and continually innovating.
We are awaiting your application and looking forward to starting our journey together!