(Senior) Backend Engineer (f/m/x)
As a part of Amadeus, travel audience unit is the world’s leading data-driven travel advertising platform. travel audience harnesses the power of home-grown tech, combined with cutting-edge machine learning practices to connect the leading performance-oriented travel brands with the biggest network of publishers, reaching Billions of travellers globally.
Our aim is to optimize advertising across the entire traveller journey, identify and create new audiences, and increase our partners reach, relevance and booking volumes.
We are searching for a (Senior) Backend Engineer to join our team. You will be building a real-time bidding platform that is capable to handle hundreds of thousands of requests per second. You will own components for delivering advertisings to the right people at the right time at the right place. You will be optimizing bidder performance to provide the most cost-effective solution.
What you'll do:
- You'll be working on architecture, design, development and maintenance of our core components for the programmatic advertisement and ad delivery;
- You'll own and operate high-traffic and highly available services;
- You’ll be dealing with terabytes of data per day, which should be processed in near real-time and exposed for further processing to our data platform;
- You'll work closely with Data Scientists in experimentation and optimisation of the business logic, leveraging machine learning and mathematical models;
- You'll make decisions and impact the evolution of the architecture to meet business requirements.
As part of our team, you will work in a highly motivated environment, with equal opportunities, flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes. You’ll have a lot of freedom to contribute your own ideas and implement them. We offer you:
- The opportunity to drive business growth and truly having an impact on the business;
- A fast-paced industry which is evolving every day;
- An environment where you are encouraged to research, explore and try new ways of doing things;
- The opportunity to work on a system that already handles thousands of requests per second (per instance) and processes terabytes of data per day;
- We encourage you to learn, acquire new skills, and support your personal growth in the company;
- We have an open and dynamic culture that supports a great work-life balance while being backed by Amadeus, the biggest travel tech company in the world.
- You have significant industry experience designing and building distributed data systems;
- You are proficient in one or more of the modern programming languages like Java, C#, C++. You are experienced in Go or willing to learn it;
- You care deeply about software best practices and are dedicated to ensuring quality via testing, benchmarking and peer reviews;
- You are familiar with modern architectural patterns like lambda-architecture or microservices;
- You are dealing with containers (Docker) and orchestration tools (Kubernetes, AWS ECS)
- You have experience of using a pub/sub or message queue technology such as Kafka;
- You dedicate yourself to continue learning and improving and you enjoy helping others grow around you;
- You're eager to understand the business logic of the company and the meaning of the data we work with;
- You feel at home collaborating in a workplace which is international, diverse, evolving, and continually innovating.
We are awaiting your application and looking forward to starting our journey together!