Engineering Manager, Backend (f/m/x)
We are searching for an experienced, resourceful and innovative leader for our Backend team as Engineering Manager. The Backend team is responsible for building scalable solutions that have a direct impact on the experience of millions of travellers.
What you will do:
- You will lead and manage the backend engineering team, currently, 10 Engineers working with Golang. You will be responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing the team.
- You will drive the architecture and design for backend related projects. Within this, you will also be responsible for the evaluation of potential external partners and in driving integrations as a technical expert.
- You will evangelise engineering best practices, improve processes and drive standardisation.
- You will work closely with People and Culture department in driving talent Acquisition, onboarding, management and retention.
- You will be responsible for the further development and maintenance of our backend systems in collaboration with our development team.
Why join us?
As part of our team, you will work in a highly motivated environment, with equal opportunities, flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes. You’ll have a lot of freedom to contribute your own ideas and implement them.
- The opportunity to lead and develop a team while truly having an impact on the business
- The opportunity to play a key role in the product lifecycle
- A fast-paced industry where you handle new problems every day
- An environment where you are encouraged to research, explore and try new ways of doing things
- The opportunity to work with large amounts of data
- An open and dynamic start-up culture that supports great work-life balance
You are who we are looking for
- You enjoy managing people and you have done it successfully before;
- You enjoy coaching, mentoring and developing team and individual’s skills;
- You have used in significant capacity multiple programming languages covering different paradigms; practical experience with Golang is a plus!
- You have successfully built scalable and high traffic systems;
- You have significant API design and architecture experience;
- You know how to facilitate discussions and communicate with different stakeholders;
- You care about engineering quality and know how it can be achieved;
- You can speak, write and express yourself in English – our company’s working language – in a professional context;
We are eagerly awaiting your application and looking forward to starting our journey together!